Tuesday 12 February 2013

Tweeting through the first training day



I am Athumani Hassani Shariff, born about 30 years ago at Bagamoyo district in Pwani region. I started my primary school in 1993 at Muheza district in Tanga region, and completed in 1999. In 2000 I selected to join Usagara secondary school in Tanga city which took me up to 2003 when I completed. In 2004 I joined Ununio High School here in Dar-es-Salaam. In 2006 I joined Muslim University of Morogoro (MUM) where I get my bachelor degree of Arts in Mass Communication.

Currently I am a tutor at Dar-es-Salaam School of Journalism, teaching various journalism and mass communication courses however at the same time pursuing Master degree in Mass Communication at St. Augustine University of Tanzania (SAUT).

The whole week, from 11th to 15th February I shall be attending an Internet Training for Editors and Journalism Lecturers at Tanzania Global Learning Agency (TaGLA) under the supervision of MISA-TAN and VIKES.

Actually with this an exclusive training I expect a lot. First, to have enough knowledge on how to use Internet for communication purposes. Second, will give me more confidence in the field of journalism, and so better outcome. Third, to be good facilitator in utilizing new media technology in this career. This will help society to get right information.

During the first day we discussed a lot concerning the uses of Internet and new media and how one can use new media technology to do a lot of activities. We also learnt how to make online booking.   I like this training because will give me much knowledge, and so will help my students who also will make societies know through mass media.

To be honest, nothing bad with it, so I dislike nothing. In fact I learnt a lot, I learnt the uses of Internet in communication sphere. I also learnt how one can make booking of ticket online. Moreover I learnt different uses of Internet that help people to make online transactions.

Yesterday we tried to make booking of train from Helinski to Turku and booking an air ticket from Fastjet from Dar-es-Salaam to Mwanza. We also watch an online video from Korea.     

No comments:

Post a Comment